So with the change of year, I thought a brief post to look back and look forward to the year ahead, especially for this blog.
Back when I started I have an idea about how things would be, a blog about my experiences as I start out developing apps for Nokia devices. They have turned out very different, with much more in the way of news posts for devices or industry related stuff than I expected. Also a lot few developer focused posts than I expected, and personally, a lot less development than I expected.
In 2011, we have seen the following right here.
- First, my first steps in QML and a couple of tutorials which remain among my most popular posts.
- The decision by Nokia to make Windows Phone as it’s primary smartphone platform
- Reviews of the N900, N8, C7/Astound and Windows Phone
- A crazy blogger meetup called Nokia Unfenced which happened in Las Vegas.
Now for 2012:
You may have noticed that I haven’t been posting on here as often recently. This is intentional and will continue in 2012. Basically, I haven’t really wrote the apps I wanted to, nor have I finished a long post I’m working on because of lack of time. However, I am now close to finishing an app, and actually starting on the road to calling myself a mobile developer for real. So my hopes for myself and this blog in 2012 are:
- To write more development focused blog posts, based of my experience in Qt development
- To write more of a mix of posts for both Qt and Windows Phone.
- To publish apps for MeeGo, Symbian, and Windows Phone
- To bring less news, unless it really is of developer interest
- To still bring the occasional review of devices and app
So it will be quieter around here, but I’m not quitting. And hopefully the content will be more relevant and useful to mobile developers, especially those like me, who are just beginning their journey.